Dear Hillcrest Family;
It is time to open the doors of the church and we are so thankful for the opportunity to begin gathering together. Welcome Home Sunday is on July 5th at 10:00 AM. The staff team has been working diligently to prepare for our reopening and we want to stress that your health and safety remains our highest priority. With that in mind, we would like to share some information about what you can expect when you are ready to return to church:
- Face coverings are required inside the building at all times. Disposable masks will be available at the Welcome Center for anyone who requires one.
- Worship team members and speakers will only remove their face coverings while leading worship or speaking. Worship team members will be spaced 6-10 feet apart from each other and 15 feet from the congregation.
- Social distancing is to be practiced with everyone outside your immediate household. Hugs, handshakes and all other forms of physical contact are discouraged in the building.
- Everyone is encouraged to practice good hand hygiene and take advantage of the hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the building.
- Access to main restrooms will be limited to 2 people at a time. Individuals waiting to use the restroom will be asked to maintain a distance of 6 feet between each person. Single restrooms next to the choir room will also be available.
- Some seating will be closed in the sanctuary to assist with social distancing. Members of the same household may sit together as a single unit.
- Worship materials including Bibles and Hymn Books have been temporarily removed from the pews in order to limit physical contact. You will have access to a new online bulletin and information hub.
- Coffee and tea will not be served until further notice, but you are invited to bring your own from home.
- The following ministries and departments will remain closed temporarily: Higher Grounds, Nursery, Preschool, Kids Church and Bible Discovery for kids, youth and adults.
- Everyone is encouraged to give online if possible, but our ushers will be prepared to receive tithes and offerings at the close of each service.
- You can pick up an individually wrapped Communion set on your way into service by a hospitality team member wearing both face coverings and gloves. Communion will be incorporated into our time of prayer each Sunday.
- Front doors and main restroom doors will be propped open to limit contact on handles.
- Our building is being professionally cleaned twice a week and high-touch surfaces will be wiped down with a disinfectant before each service.
- We are asking everyone to screen themselves for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before attending a service. Please do not attend a service if you or anyone in your household has a temperature above 100.4 degrees (38 degrees Celsius) or has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms.
- All Hillcrest employees have received mandatory training on the coronavirus, how to prevent transmission and our COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Policies.
- Hillcrest Church has met all the requirements outlined by the state of Washington and are in compliance with all COVID-19 organization-specific safety practices. Our comprehensive COVID-19 Safety Procedures, Exposure Control, Mitigation and Recovery Plan, is posted in Higher Grounds and available for inspection by state and local authorities. Copies are also available upon request.
We know that you may feel like we are either overreacting or underreacting to our current reality and we want you to know how deeply we appreciate your grace and patience during this time. Our staff team has prayed long and often, asking the Lord to give us wisdom each step of this journey. Every decision has been made with the goal of honoring our Lord and loving you with a pure heart.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions and concerns. God is doing amazing things among us and we truly believe that our best days are ahead of us. Serving you is our great honor and privilege.
Pastor Tim Westerberg
Senior Pastor, Hillcrest Church of the Nazarene
Director of Family Life and Discipleship