We are thrilled to announce a partnership with America Prays! America Prays is a movement of believers, churches, businesses and ministries covering America in 24/7 prayer. The vision is to unite and equip 40,000 churches in 24/7 prayer for a national spiritual awakening. America Prays is a multiethnic, interdenominational, multigenerational, Jesus-centered prayer movement.
Hillcrest has committed to 24 hours of prayer on the second Sunday of each month beginning September 13 and continuing through December. You can sign up for thirty or sixty minutes to pray on the 2nd Sunday of the month HERE. Each month you will receive a reminder by email and fresh prayer directives.
We believe that the great spiritual awakening America so desperately needs will only come as a result of prayer. Let’s stand together and help cover every city and state in America in 24/7 prayer. Will you stand in the gap for your community?
Learn more about America Prays HERE (americaprays.org)
Hillcrest Coordinator for America Pray
1. PRAY FOR UNBELIEVERS TO BE SAVED. Pray that people’s hearts will be opened to repent of their sins and confess Jesus as Savior. Pray that every person in the world will be able to hear the Gospel in their native language. (Matthew 9:37-38; 24:14; Romans 10:1; 2 Peter 3:9; Acts 26:18)
2. PRAY FOR A NATIONAL SPIRITUAL AWAKENING. Pray that Jesus will revive the Church and awaken our nation to the greatness and supremacy of Jesus. Pray that God will pour out His Spirit on America and forgive our sin and heal our land. Pray that millions of Americans will be convicted by the Holy Spirit, repent of their sins, and turn to God with all their hearts. (2 Chron. 7:14; Daniel 9:18-19; Psa. 85:6; Hab. 3:2; Acts 2:37-41)
3. PRAY FOR UNITY OF THE CHURCH. Pray that denominational, theological, and ethnic walls will come down so that pastors will love each other, pray together, and serve each other. (John 17:20-23; Psalm 133:1; Ephesians 4:3-6)
4. PRAY FOR FAMILIES. Pray that Jesus will heal, restore, and strengthen every marriage and family. Pray that husbands will love their wives like Christ loves the church and that wives will respect and submit to their husbands. Pray that the hearts of parents will be turned toward their children to love them and raise them in a God-honoring way. Pray that children will respect and obey their parents. (Genesis 2:24; Joshua 24:15; Psalm 127:3-5; Malachi 4:6; Ephesians 5:22-33; Ephesians 6:1-4)
5. PRAY FOR RACIAL RECONCILIATION. Pray that God will heal our nation of racism and use the church to stand against racial conflict, violence, and prejudice. The church must lead the way in racial reconciliation by modeling love and respect for every person regardless of the color of their skin or their ethnic background. (Romans 10:12-13, Galatians 3:28, Acts 10:28, Acts 10:34-35, John 7:24, 1 John 2:9, James 2:9, Revelation 7:9)
6. PRAY FOR LIFE TO BE VALUED AND PROTECTED THROUGH ALL STAGES OF LIFE, BEGINNING AT CONCEPTION. Pray for God to break the culture of death in America and restore a culture of life. Pray for legalized abortion to come to an end. (Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5; Proverbs 24:11; Deuteronomy 21:8-9)
7. PRAY FOR LOCAL AND NATIONAL GOVERNMENT LEADERS. Pray that God will help them make wise decisions and govern with integrity, justice, and mercy. (1 Tim. 2:1-2; Rom. 13:1; 1 Pet. 2:17; Titus 3:1-2; Micah 6:8)