The Great Commission
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
We believe in loving, investing in, and connecting people to Jesus (Ephesians 6:19-20) here in the local community as well as around the world. We invite you to join us in our mission to show others the hope we have in Jesus Christ. to learn more about our Missions Ministry, you are welcome to attend a Missions Council meeting. Just contact the church office to get the next meeting date.
Our Monthly Missions Contributions
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries Child Sponsorship
Hillcrest sponsors a child through Nazarene Compassionate Ministries. We invite you to take up the challenge. This child sponsorship program is based on a Holistic Child Development model that seeks to simultaneously address key aspects of a child’s life—spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, and relational—through learning opportunities and developmental interventions. Through this model, children are encouraged to grow into the people God created them to be.
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries Haiti Water Project
Hillcrest also sponsors the Haiti Water Project to provide clean, safe water for communities in Haiti. The goal is to create sustainable, potable water resources that equip local churches to meet the needs around them. One well, or equivalent water source, can provide fresh water for around 1,000 people. With more than 500 Nazarene churches in Haiti, we are well positioned to contribute to the transformation of living standards for thousands of people.
Nazarene World Evangelism Fund
The global mission of the Church of the Nazarene is a strategic undertaking. To accomplish the Great Commission—spreading the gospel and the message of holiness around the world—requires significant funding. Through the World Evangelism Fund we help provide the following:
- Provides full-time missionaries with a salary, medical insurance, a pension as well as housing and travel
- Provides literature in more than 90 languages, including resources for pastors and Bible-based teaching materials for children, youth, and adults
- Starts new churches around the world and provides training resources for equipping pastors and church leaders
- Supports primary and secondary schools serving thousands of children
- Support for Bible colleges, universities, seminaries, and vocational and training colleges serving thousands of students
- Support for medical clinics and hospitals
- Base support for the facilitation of Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, JESUS Film Harvest Partners, and other projects
Like many churches, we continue the tradition of giving two global mission offerings each year: the Thanksgiving and Easter offerings. In addition to this, we use Faith Promise to raise the World Evangelism Fund. Faith Promise is a plan based on mission giving at systematic intervals rather than just twice a year. Through Faith Promise, people pray and seek the Lord’s direction for missions giving (over and above their tithe). The amount is often given weekly, biweekly, or monthly. We welcome any contributions for mission work.