Faith Promise is our commitment to support world missions and thereby fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ:
Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20 (NLT)
Our special guests, Dustin and Angie Herring, work with the children in Salinas Grandes, Nicaragua, providing water for the thirsty, rest for the weary, and light to realize the hope set before us. You can follow them on Instagram @waterandlight.international. Learn more about their ministry on their blog.
Schedule of Events
9:00 am………..Dustin and Angie Herring Speaking at Adult Bible Discovery
10:00 am………Dustin and Angie Herring Speaking
5:00 pm………..All-Church Potluck Dinner
6:00 pm………..Dustin and Angie Herring Pledges received and total announced.
What is Faith Promise?
A Faith Promise is a means of giving to God when you don’t have anything to give.
It means that you will trust God for some of His money to use for world evangelism.
Faith Promises are important in determining the missions’ outreach of the local church. During a missions emphasis each person in the congregation is given a Faith Promise card. He or she fills out the card, indicating a weekly or monthly financial commitment to give to world missions. These cards are collected and the promised amounts are added together.
Faith Promise giving is not based on your known resources, but on your faith.
When you make a pledge to Faith Promise, you promise to give to missions what your Heavenly Father will supply. One man said, “If I had waited until I had cash, I would not have given at all. But I gave when I didn’t have anything to give. I gave when I had to trust God to supply.”
A Faith Promise is an agreement between you and God.
No one will come to collect it. The promise represents your personal goal of what you want to attempt for God. It should be initiated prayerfully, based on what you are willing to believe God will supply for you to give.
A Faith Promise is a plan for giving to God’s work, in addition to your regular tithes and offerings.
A tithe is the one-tenth of your income that belongs to God. Offerings are your gifts above your tithes. Together, the tithes and offerings provide for the operational needs of the local church. Faith Promise giving goes a step beyond tithes and offerings; it is trusting God for funds to give toward reaching the world with the Gospel.
Faith Promise giving stretches the faith of the giver past its current boundaries.
The excitement of Faith Promise giving is in seeing how God supplies the funds. He may use creative ways to increase your income, or He may draw you to sacrificial giving. Whatever happens is His doing; you give as He supplies.
Faith Promise giving enables every Christian to have a part in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Jesus said, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel” (Mark 16:15). Spreading the Gospel is the responsibility of every believer, not just those who are called to be ministers or missionaries. Faith Promise giving allows everyone to participate in the missionary effort of the church.
- A small boy attending a missions convention filled out a Faith Promise card. After printing his name and address, he promised to give 25 cents per week for missions. Then across the bottom of the card in uneven block letters, he printed: “MY DADDY WILL PAY THIS.”
That’s the spirit of Faith Promise giving. How much can you trust your Heavenly Father to channel through you to reach the multitudes that He loves and yearns over?
“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?” (Romans 10:14 & 15b, NIV).
Faith Promise pledges will be received through Sunday, October 30.
Goal: $36,000; Number of Pledges: 70
How is God using your Faith Promise offerings?
- Outreach to 159 world areas
- Support for more than 800 missionaries and volunteers
- Training for more than 6,300 national workers
- Support for more than 185 retired missionary units (single or couples)
- Support for primary and secondary schools serving almost 27,000 children annually
- Support for more than 23,500 students in Bible colleges, universities, seminaries and vocational and training colleges
- Support for more than 60 medical clinics and 2 hospitals
- Funding for literature in more than 95 languages
- Administrative expenses for Work & Witness, Alabaster, World Mission Broadcast, and ministries to more than 14,000 churches
- Base support for the facilitation of Nazarene Compassionate Ministries projects, the JESUS Film Project, and others.
Find out more at nazarene.org/global-mission.