Celebrate Recovery at Liberty Bible
Come explore this Christ-centered 12-Step Ministry; men and women are experiencing healthier and more whole lives as they encounter biblical truth and grace-filled support for their hurts, habits and hang-ups. Our sister church, Liberty Bible, has two open meetings where newcomers are welcome:
Both are held at Liberty Bible Church
12401 NE Salmon Creek Ave, Vancouver, WA 98686
(Follow the signs to the Generation Plus room)
Monday night (even on holidays):
- 6:30 pm - Light Dinner (optional)
7:00 pm - Worship, Teaching or Testimony
8:00 pm - Small Groups, CR 101
9:00 pm - Dessert & fellowship (optional)
Second Sunday of Every Month: Celebrate Recovery Lunch Meeting
- Everyone welcome!
12:30-3:30 pm - Lunch is provided while we fellowship, give updates, plan, receive training, and have fun!
**Your RSVP's are needed for meals.
More About Celebrate Recovery
Celebrate Recovery, a biblical and balanced program that helps, is based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory. 20 years ago, Saddleback Church launched Celebrate Recovery with 43 people. It was designed as a program to help those struggling with hurts, habits and hang-ups by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through a recovery process.
Celebrate Recovery has helped more than 17,000 people at Saddleback, attracting over 70% of its members from outside the church. Eighty-five percent of the people who go through the program stay with the church and nearly half serve as church volunteers.
Celebrate Recovery is now in over 20,000 churches worldwide! Rick Warren, the developer of Celebrate Recovery, shares the following:
"The Bible clearly states, 'all have sinned.' It is my nature to sin, and it is yours, too. None of us is untainted. Because of sin, we’ve all hurt ourselves, we’ve all hurt other people, and others have hurt us. This means each of us need repentance and recovery in order to live our lives the way God intended.
"You’ve undoubtedly heard the expression that, 'time heals all wounds.' Unfortunately, it isn’t true. As a pastor I frequently talk with people who are still carrying hurts from 30 or 40 years ago. The truth is – time often makes things worse. Wounds that are left untended fester and spread infection throughout your entire body. Time only extends the pain if the problem isn’t dealt with.
"What we need is a biblical and balanced program to help people overcome their hurts, habits and hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is that program. Based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory, our recovery program is unique, and more effective in helping people change than anything else I've seen or heard of.
"This recovery program is forward-looking. Rather than wallowing in the past, or dredging up and rehearsing painful memories over and over, Celebrate Recovery focuses on the future. Regardless of what has already happened, the solution is to start making wise choices now and depend on Christ’s power to help me make those changes."
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Celebrate Recovery for me?
Celebrate Recovery offers a person the opportunity to participate in a group fellowship where love and hope combine with God’s purpose to mend our lives. Ask yourself:
- Are there things in my life that I do that hurt others?
- Is there something I wish I could live without?
- Is it time to crack my denial and admit I am not in control of my life?
- Do I have a painful habit or hang-up from which I need to be freed?
If you answered “yes” to any of these statements then we urge you to attend a Celebrate Recovery meeting to see if it is for you.
Is Celebrate Recovery confidential?
Yes, Celebrate Recovery maintains strict confidentiality. This promotes an atmosphere of trust and enables recovery. We have a saying that is repeated in every Large Group meeting : WHO you see here. WHAT you hear here. WHEN you leave here. STAYS HERE. We are diligent about confidentiality and anonymity. The guidelines/rules protect all of us from judgment and being “fixed”. In a “safe place” you can take off your “mask” and be real and honest without fear. You are 100% in control of when and how much you participate.
What types of issues are dealt with at Celebrate Recovery?
A wide variety of hurts, hang ups and harmful behaviors are represented at Celebrate Recovery. Examples include dependency on alcohol or drugs, pornography, low self-esteem, need to control, anger, co-dependency, depression, fear of rejection, fear of abandonment, perfectionism, broken relationships, and abuse.
The DNA of an authentic Celebrate Recovery Ministry
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is a Christ-centered ministry.
- The Bible* and Celebrate Recovery curriculum consisting of the Leader’s Guide, four Participant’s Guides, and the Celebrate Recovery Journal are to be used exclusively. The Large Group lessons are taught from the Leader’s Guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the Scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, allowing teachers to be creative with the introduction and conclusion of each lesson.
- The ministry is “group based.” All groups are gender specific and use the Small Group Guidelines and format.
- There are NO online Celebrate Recovery groups. Face-to-face group meetings ONLY.
- The Celebrate Recovery “Five Small Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed every time.
- We expect each group to be accountable to Christ, the local church, and the model of Celebrate Recovery established at Saddleback Church.